[arin-ppml] ARIN-prop-127: Shared Transition Space for IPv4 Address Extension

Matthew Kaufman matthew at matthew.at
Fri Jan 21 13:50:58 EST 2011

On 1/21/2011 10:37 AM, Leo Bicknell wrote:

> Prompting the quesiton, if you figured out what 99% of the home CPE
> uses, subtracted from 1918 space, wouldn't you be left with well more
> than a /10 from 10/8?  Couldn't you just avoid the parts used by common
> CPE and use 10/8 for NAT444?

Yes.

There will be edge cases where consumers will need to renumber their
internal networks in order to operate in this environment, but that pain
is small compared to the work they will need to do in order to enable
IPv6 in their internal network.

I still object to the proposal on the basis that it is not needed.

Matthew Kaufman