[arin-ppml] ARIN-prop-126: Compliance Requirement

George Bonser gbonser at seven.com
Tue Jan 11 13:00:12 EST 2011

Fair enough, but maybe it should be more explicit that it is aimed at
keeping whois up to date.    I agree that valid contact information is
important.  The major problem with v6 is going to be hijacking of
address space simply because there is so much of it available.
Nefarious operators are probably just going to grab a chunk of space and
use it and the v6 "full bogons" list is so large that it probably can't
be used on most dual stack routers (along with the full v4 and v6
non-bogons tables).

But as someone pointed out earlier, how big a problem is this?  What
percentage of the issued resources is currently assigned to "dead"
contacts?

"most of what you're objecting to is already policy" except the "we
break your network" part about turning off reverse dns which on
reflection, is probably ok.  But you are right, it wasn't exactly clear
to me on a quick read how much of the proposed text is new.  Thanks for
sending that bolded version.  In fact, I am in favor of producing that
format in proposed changes with any deleted existing wording shown stuck
through and new wording in bold.  It sure makes it easier to see what
exactly is being changed.