[arin-ppml] [Fwd: Draft Policy 2011-5: Shared Transition Space for IPv4 Address Extension]

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Fri Feb 25 14:38:33 EST 2011

On Feb 25, 2011, at 11:57 PM, Chris Grundemann wrote:

> If there are other arguments that I have missed, or if I am
> miscalculating the cost of this proposal, I would love to be
> enlightened.

On February 15th, the following update to staff assessment was
made:

>> In keeping with the spirit of RFC 2860 with respect to the assignment
>> of specialized address blocks, ARIN Staff will consult with the IANA and
>> the IAB regarding implementation of this draft policy.

It is clear to me that ARIN can make this assignment with
the consent of the IAB, but it is not clear that we may do
so without such consent.  I simply note that there exists
a non-zero chance that this draft policy may encounter some
atypical implementation issues.  This is not a statement in
favor or opposed, but simply a fact for the community to be
aware for purposes of setting appropriate expectations.

FYI,
/John

John Curran
President and CEO