[arin-ppml] ARIN-prop-136 Services Opt-out Allowed for Unaffiliated Address Blocks

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Thu Feb 24 13:51:05 EST 2011

On Feb 25, 2011, at 2:39 AM, Benson Schliesser wrote:
> The immediate benefit would be for large block holders (with excess resources) to monetize their addresses, and for buyers and/or lessors who need these excess addresses.

I believe that issue was discussed at length in the ARIN
community, and resulted in the specified transfer policy
(NRPM 8.3) which provides for precisely that: the ability
of any resource holder with excess resources to make them
available for transfer and be compensated by the recipient
as desired.

If the intended benefit of ARIN-prop-136 is to actually to
propose alternative transfer policies, it would be best to
propose the specific changes to the transfer policy section
of NRPM.

Thanks!
/John

John Curran