[arin-ppml] ARIN-prop-136 Services Opt-out Allowed for Unaffiliated Address Blocks

Eric Westbrook arin-ppml at westbrook.com
Thu Feb 24 11:32:56 EST 2011

On Thu, Feb 24, 2011 at 00:28, Owen DeLong <owen at delong.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 22:37, Frank Bulk <frnkblk at iname.com> wrote:
> > Unless someone demonstrates that there is a pressing issue or problem, I
> am
> > opposed to this proposal.  I understand that legacy address holders may
> be
> > unrepresented in the policy development process, so others will have to
> pipe
> > up if they can help clarifiy.
> If they are unrepresented, it is because they choose not to represent
> themselves.
> The policy process is completely open to them.

Not completely unrepresented.  I am such, and I do represent myself here
when time permits.  I know that some other legacy holders have views similar
to mine, but certainly not all, so you should be your own judge of how
"representative" I am.  Nevertheless, I'm happy for the chance to offer my
US$0.02 on the topic.

As I mentioned in the prop 133 discussion, as a non-LRSA legacy holder, I
can imagine no present or forseeable "problem" that these alternative
registries would serve to fix.  Indeed, I cannot posit any situation in
which it would be of any appreciable benefit to me ever, full stop.  I'm
left to wildly speculate that it would only really benefit someone looking
to carve out a new registry business model for themselves.

$0.02 as advertised,
Eric