[arin-ppml] Proposal insanity --- an open letter

Milton L Mueller mueller at syr.edu
Tue Feb 22 12:12:13 EST 2011

Thanks, Paul, for weighing in in support of my point. I am not sure I would call heavy reliance on NAT "pretty straightforward", but it does mean that operators can minimize or avoid NAT by acquiring more ipv4 blocks in the near-intermediate time frames. Hence the importance of transfers and other policies, such as the rationing one you mention, in the ipv4 space. So we are agreed, don't tell people we can ignore or stop talking about ipv4 address policies.