[arin-ppml] Proposal insanity --- an open letter

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Tue Feb 22 12:04:23 EST 2011

On Feb 23, 2011, at 12:48 AM, Tony Hain wrote:
> ... given the many times that John has specifically noted on this
> list that he views and promotes the ARIN whois database as a routing
> registry,

Tony -

 We go at length to point out that the ARIN Whois database is not
 routing registry and does not control routing (reference: NRPM 4.1.1),
 so please cite some of these "many times" or correct yourself asap.

 We run the ARIN Whois according to the community-developed policy,
 and it's quite possible that ISPs find it useful for configuration
 as a result, but ultimately ISPs decide what to route or not route
 on their own.

/John

John Curran
President and CEO