[arin-ppml] NAT444 rumors (was Re: Looking for an IPv6 naysayer...)

Dan Wing dwing at cisco.com
Tue Feb 22 11:00:37 EST 2011

My point is that:  NAT breaks things, but NAT444 is /not/ the only
case where breakage occurs.

> Are you
> trying to say that the items listed as broken in the draft are not
> actually broken? Because in my experience they are. IMHO, the fact
> that they are also broken in other (similar) scenarios is not evidence
> that they are not broken in this one. On the contrary, this scenario
> seems to be evidence to the brokenness in the others (until we get a
> chance to test and document them all - are you volunteering? ;).

Vendor test results don't carry much value.

The authors of draft-donley-nat444-impacts did testing, and
I sincerely hope will publish results that split the impacts of
access bandwidth starvation from home NAT from CGN from NAT444.

-d