[arin-ppml] FW: Proposal: Clarification of draft policy 2009-3 (ARIN-prop-135)

Matthew Petach mpetach at netflight.com
Tue Feb 22 00:00:33 EST 2011

On Sun, Feb 20, 2011 at 6:42 PM, Matthew Petach <mpetach at netflight.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 19, 2011 at 6:02 PM, John Curran <jcurran at arin.net> wrote:
>> Correct.  Make the intent of the policy clear and unambiguous.  I believe the AC is working on that presently.
>>
>> /John
>
> I'd like to raise my voice in SUPPORT of the policy proposal to render explicit
> the set of IPv4 addresses being returned to IANA as "{}".
>
> Matt

To clarify, as I've gotten some questions about my stance;
those addresses which were allocated by IANA to ARIN for
the region, I believe should stay within the region.

Address blocks *not* allocated by IANA to ARIN, namely
address blocks assigned to "legacy" holders should be returned
whence they came, if they are freed up, namely to IANA, as those
never passed through ARIN's hands in the first place.

Matt