[arin-ppml] [Fwd: ARIN-prop-131: Section 5.0 Legacy Addresses - revised ver. 3] revised ver. 4

Martin Hannigan hannigan at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 15:18:15 EST 2011

On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 2:06 PM, Jeffrey Lyon
<jeffrey.lyon at blacklotus.net> wrote:

> This is a shot in left field, but considering that much of the legacy
> space is /24 would there be any interest in requiring that legacy
> space be collected but not reissued until it can be fully or
> sufficiently aggregated?

I don't think so. If I did, I would be happy to include it. My feeling
is that there will be demand and a /24 will be more useful immediately
than later. We could end up with orphans never able to be rejoined.

The proposal to support in that interest, IMHO, would be the globally
coordinated transfer proposal.

Best,

-M<