[arin-ppml] [Fwd: ARIN-prop-131: Section 5.0 Legacy Addresses - revised ver. 3] revised ver. 4

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Thu Feb 17 14:53:53 EST 2011

On Feb 17, 2011, at 2:40 PM, William Herrin wrote:

> Can you clarify that? Which global proposal and what was the conflict?

 As the ARIN Board has already adopted ARIN-2009-3, we need to make
 sure that 2009-3 (if/when made global) will not conflict.  We can do
 that by including in pp 131 that no legacy space shall be designated
 for return to IANA (if that is the intent of the policy proposal).

 This avoids having 2009-3 somehow become active and we having a conflict
 in adopted policy in NRPM, and having to establish precedence of various
 sections, etc.

FYI,
/John

John Curran