[arin-ppml] ARIN-prop-133: No Volunteer Services on Behalf of Unaffiliated Address Blocks

Benson Schliesser bensons at queuefull.net
Mon Feb 14 16:48:27 EST 2011

On Feb 14, 2011, at 3:41 PM, Keith W. Hare wrote:

> My interest in maintaining the status quo for legacy resources is that the system currently works. Unless a change is going to be a large benefit to the internet community, what is the point of changing?

IPv4 exhaustion is a change that won't benefit the Internet community*, but it's happening.  We really can't expect the status quo to be maintained forever.

Cheers,
-Benson

* - Well, not in the short-term at least.  Once we have critical mass of IPv6, I think it will benefit us all... But that's a different discussion.