[arin-ppml] Draft Policy ARIN-2010-8: Rework of IPv6 assignment criteria - adopted

David Farmer farmer at umn.edu
Fri Feb 11 18:30:44 EST 2011

Fees are not directly a policy issue.

However, I would hope the Board could find a way to minimize any early
adopter tax, as one might refer to this issue if one were so inclined.
That said, there still probably needs to be some additional fee,
additional work will be done.

Here is a simple idea;

If an end-user organization that already received an IPv6 assignment and
is eligible to receive a larger assignment with this new policy, their
fee will be the larger of $500 or the difference between what their new
fee would have been and their original fee, if the new assignment is
processed before December 31, 2011.

Just an idea;

We should probably discuss this issue related to Draft Policy 2011-3:
Better IPv6 Allocations for ISPs, as well.  There is likely to be a
similar issue with that policy too.

David Farmer               Email:farmer at umn.edu
Networking & Telecommunication Services
Office of Information Technology
University of Minnesota
2218 University Ave SE	    Phone: 612-626-0815
Minneapolis, MN 55414-3029   Cell: 612-812-9952