[arin-ppml] Support for 2011-3 (Was: Application requests for IPv6?)

Charles O'Hern charles at office.tcsn.net
Wed Feb 9 15:29:02 EST 2011

On 2/9/11 11:17 AM, John Curran wrote:
<snip>
>     You should make sure that folks coming to you are aware of the 2011-3
>     draft policy <https://www.arin.net/policy/proposals/2011_3.html>  and
>     express support for it on the PPML mailing list (and during the PPM if at
>     all possible), as it makes changes to the allocation policy which would
>     likely address such concerns.
>
> Thanks!
> /John
>
> John Curran
> President and CEO
> ARIN

On that note, if I haven't already, I'd like to express support for this policy proposal 2011-3.
Not only does the proposal change language to be far more definitive, but it also allows for the smallest ISPs to be able to migrate from PI v4 to PI v6, which is currently not
available for PI v4 networks smaller than /20.

My ISP hasn't submitted a request, and thus contributed to the statistics in Leslie's great summary of ISP requests and refusals, because we can't request a network smaller than /32.

--
Charles O'Hern
Network Operations

TCSN - The Computer Shop Netlink