[arin-ppml] "Leasing" of space via non-connectivity providers (was: Re: And so it ends... )

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Sun Feb 6 00:43:19 EST 2011

On Feb 6, 2011, at 12:32 AM, Benson Schliesser wrote:

> The specified transfer service, in its current form, is not sufficient to facilitate efficient distribution.  A less-regulated market would be much more dynamic and appealing to buyers and sellers, especially at this stage.

To the extent that the current specified transfer policy does not facilitate
efficient distribution in your view, it would be good to further elaborate on
"how efficient" we should be aiming for, and why.  If there is consensus on this
point, it's relatively easy to change the specified transfer policy to match...

> But, of course, neither of us wish to recommend a market system that damages the stability of the Internet.  Given this fact, and per your suggestion, I'm working on some policy text that I hope to submit this coming week.  I look forward to discussing the ideas and improving them based on the constructive feedback of the community.

Sounds good (and thanks for your efforts on this!)
/John

John Curran
President and CEO
ARIN