[arin-ppml] Borders sells their /16 block

Martin Hannigan hannigan at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 18:28:06 EST 2011

On Wed, Dec 7, 2011 at 6:09 PM, Benson Schliesser <bensons at queuefull.net> wrote:

> On Dec 7, 2011, at 4:22 PM, Martin Hannigan wrote:

[ clip ]

> Based on this same logic, I also suspect that ARIN could not have objected in the Nortel case because they didn't have standing at the time. I'm hopeful that John will clarify this point, as I requested in my previous email.

I don't see why ARIN would not be at a disadvantage in either, to be
honest. The Borders documents make it clear that they are.

You also don't have to be a lawyer to understand that no one is going
to buy addresses for almost $1M or transfer a deposit without some
assurances that ARIN won't be able to later take them away.

Best,

-M<