[arin-ppml] Borders sells their /16 block

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Wed Dec 7 13:20:10 EST 2011

On Dec 7, 2011, at 2:12 PM, Benson Schliesser wrote:

> To an extent, this has been acknowledged by the US courts as they've recognized the exclusive rights of a seller to transfer IP addresses as an asset.

Benson -

  Please provide a citation for the above, because I am not aware
  of any court ruling to this effect.  The only findings that I am
  aware of are rulings that support the sale of an address holders
  rights in an address block in a manner that does not interfere with
  ARIN and ARIN community's rights with respect to the address block.

Thanks,
/John

John Curran
President and CEO