[arin-ppml] Borders sells their /16 block

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Wed Dec 7 11:59:51 EST 2011

On Dec 7, 2011, at 12:33 PM, Chris Engel wrote:

> In other words, it would behoove ARIN to try to find a way to make said transfers fit within policy if at all possible.... and I think it generally behooves both the buyer and seller of the address block to do so as well. Fortunately that seems to be what has happened in the well publicized transfers so far.

Chris -

Perhaps you meant to say "it would behoove the ARIN community"?
ARIN, per se, just gets to turn the crank and implement policy;
it is the community that gets to propose, deliberate on, and
ultimately recommend changes to policy.  The community needs to
consider the needs of all address holders and address holders
need to realize that ARIN will maintain the registry according
to the policies and hence participate to obtain the policies
they need.

FYI,
/John

John Curran