[arin-ppml] An article of interest to the community....

Mike Burns mike at nationwideinc.com
Wed Aug 31 12:00:12 EDT 2011

>> I do wonder how much space we could free up in the region today if people
>> could advertise it's availability without this threat, and yet I believe
>> the odds of removing all resource review and reclamation via the PDP is
>> pretty much a non-starter, so I'm not going to waste my time with a
>> policy proposal.
>
>   I'll also note that LRSA also includes specific language
>   which precludes reclamation for lack of use.  We also do
>   not initiate reclamation for lack of use against parties
>   when they begin the LRSA agreement process for similar
>   reason.

>Indeed. One additional point for the LRSA.

>But will the definition of underutilized change as ARIN's free pool dries
>up? Some in the community have certainly called for that.

>That does raise the question of why (and to what end) we are
>more flexible with LRSA holders than RSA holders, but I'll
>defer that discussion to the ARIN Philly meeting...

I would like to point out that Prop-151 addresses all of these issues, the
imbalance between legacy and non-legacy, the danger of section 12 threats to
trading, and the removal of resource review and reclamation from all address
holders who have had their addresses for more than one year. Plus the issues
of public auctions of space are more simple to navigate when ARIN restricts
itself to booking legal transfers.

C'mon Matthew! All we need is some more visible support on this list for
prop-151 and it will move from non-starter to starter!

Regards,

Mike