[arin-ppml] An article of interest to the community....

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Tue Aug 30 13:30:41 EDT 2011

On Aug 30, 2011, at 12:01 PM, Mike Burns wrote:

> Hi Paul,

Mike -

I'll answer these, since the Board is not directly involved
in day-to-day operations.

> I'm an ARIN facilitator.
> Can I run an auction today on eBay for address space?

Yes.

You should put note in the auction noting that bidders be
eligible to receive the address space per ARIN policies.
(If you do not, then bidders may have differing or uncertain
expectations and that does not make for predictable outcomes.)

> If eBay requires a letter of approval from ARIN, will that be provided?

A letter of approval of what?  If any buyers wish to prequalify
(e.g. if you decide to make that a precondition to provide more
auction certainty) then you can readily confirm their status via
the listing service.

Please do not hesitate to send me mail if you have any further
questions or need assistance in this process.

/John

John Curran
President and CEO
ARIN