[arin-ppml] ARIN-prop-156 Update 8.3 to allow inter-RIRtransfers

Bill Darte BillD at cait.wustl.edu
Thu Aug 25 10:16:05 EDT 2011

All,

I think that Paul's point is a very important perspective worth vetting as it goes to the heart of the role of RIR as stewards of their own resources and how they relate to the global community.

Inter-RIR transfers are a means to ensure that available resources go where they are needed. The debate within ARIN community has been...we need the resources we have..or will very soon, so no sense sharing with those who need them now outside of the region.
I believe that Paul's point is that this perspective is counterproductive to ARIN's interests in getting this community to move to IPv6.

I think the valuation of keeping or sharing addresses should encompass the broadest set of benefits and costs.

Thoughts?

bd