[arin-ppml] ARIN-prop-156 Update 8.3 to allow inter-RIRtransfers

Geoff Huston gih at apnic.net
Wed Aug 24 23:29:07 EDT 2011

Hi Bill,

As you are asking about the projections on http://www.potaroo.net/tools/ipv4/ so I can answer that. The projections for exhaustion in that model assume NO further returns of address space, and only includes the existing free pool.

The model accumulates all available space, and attributes it to the RIR who has the administrative responsibility for that address block. The table of available space per RIR is reported on that report. The model then generates an allocation model using historical allocation data, and uses this allocation model to forward project consumption of the current pool of available space for each RIR.

regards,

  Geoff