[arin-ppml] Support for ARIN Proposal 2011-3
mjoseph at google.com
Thu Apr 7 04:58:11 EDT 2011
Owen, I do have a few questions and comments about this proposal:
- Your new section 6.5.4 simply indicates that 6.5.8 requirements and
sizing shall be used for reassignment to end users. However, this seems to
conflict with the existing section 6.9. This proposal doesn't seem to amend
or delete 6.9, so can you speak to resolving that conflict?
- This policy replaces all of 6.5.4, but doesn't substitute anything for
220.127.116.11. That would leave operators with no way to justify assignments to
their own infrastructure.
- You seem to want to eliminate the HD-ratio from policy, but this
proposal doesn't modify various other parts of the NRPM which mention
HD-ratio (such as 6.5.9 and the aforementioned 6.9; section 6.5.5 also uses
HD-ratio, but 2010-14 already replaces it). Moreover, it doesn't delete or
modify 6.7, which spends much NRPM real-estate describing the HD-ratio at
- Are you intending to remove the transition technology clause for
subsequent allocations in section 18.104.22.168? I ask because this proposal
seems to have that effect, and yet this clause was only added a few months
ago as part of the implementation of 2010-12.
- I can't find any maximum allocation size defined in this proposal or
current policy. However, this proposed policy would have the potential to
allocate very large blocks. I would like to see language fixing the maximum
size at a /16 or perhaps a /12. It's just too risky to leave it completely
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the ARIN-PPML