[arin-ppml] Accusation of fundamental conflict of interest/ IPaddress policy pitched directly to ICANN

Mike Burns mike at nationwideinc.com
Sat Apr 30 13:48:19 EDT 2011

>I agree with JC, the ASO and constituent RIRs are quite capable of
>dealing with this AND manage potential conflict of interest issues

What could make somebody think the RIRs are capable of managing conflict of
interest?
Can you provide some examples where RIRs have made policy which would reduce
their control?

I have witnessed what I perceive to be institutional objection to a
competing registry from the ARIN organization.
I don't trust them to "manage their conflict of interest".
In law, when there is a conflict of interest, somebody else decides.

It's only natural in this case that the decision be made at the higher
level, the level above the conflict.