[arin-ppml] Statistics regarding NRPM 8.3 Transfers to date

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Sat Apr 30 03:25:48 EDT 2011

On Sat, Apr 30, 2011 at 9:15 AM, Jimmy Hess <mysidia at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 30, 2011 at 1:05 AM, McTim <dogwallah at gmail.com> wrote:
>> IIRC, allocations and assignments are rarely (if ever) made for the
>> "exact amount of resources" recipients can justify.  There is usually
>> some rounding (up).
> There is no requirement for allocations and assignments to be
> "a single aggregate, in the exact amount which they can justify under
> current ARIN policies."
>
> As there is for 8.3 transfers. However, we expect the applicant
> normally applies for the maximum
> ARIN policies will allow them to justify;   which is the minimum (and
> maximum) size they
> may receive by 8.3 transfer and must be received as a single aggregate block.
>
> If a transfer recipient "receives multiple CIDR blocks"
> or  "multiple transferred ranges of addresses" that's not receiving a
> single aggregate,
> and would mean fundamental requirements of 8.3 were completely disregarded.

If I need exactly 240 IP addresses, and can justify the same then I
can reasonably expect to get a /24 either via transfer or assignment,
no?  If I can only justify 240, then I will NEVER be able to get
addresses via the STLS, as that is not a single aggregate.

I think we need to give staff some flexibility to allow them to do
their job within the spirit of the policies.

--
Cheers,

McTim