[arin-ppml] Internet 101: Collaboration (was - Microsoft receives court approval for transfer as agreed with ARIN)

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Fri Apr 29 17:19:18 EDT 2011

On Apr 28, 2011, at 7:06 PM, David Conrad wrote:

> Chris,
>
> On Apr 28, 2011, at 11:02 AM, Chris Grundemann wrote:
>> The Internet is an exercise in collaboration.
>
> Exactly.  Which is why "the ARIN community" (which, just to remind you, consists of maybe a couple of hundred technical folks, a tiny fraction of which participate actively) deciding unilaterally not to collaborate with legacy holders by attempting to force them to submit themselves to a policy regime that goes against their interests, is in my estimation unlikely to be successful.

The ARIN community is open to anyone who chooses to participate. If the legacy holders
want different behavior, they have the simple choice to step forward and propose that
behavior as policy.

If, as you say, the ARIN community is a few hundred techies, then, there are enough
legacy holders to overwhelmingly sway the discussion if they have a united purpose.

Owen