[arin-ppml] Microsoft receives court approval for transfer as agreed with ARIN

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Thu Apr 28 12:51:59 EDT 2011

On Apr 28, 2011, at 9:16 AM, William Herrin wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 11:07 AM, Paul Vixie <vixie at isc.org> wrote:
>> 1. continue using a community driven transparent consensus based bottom up
>> policy development process in which case those legacy holders who do not
>> like the resulting policies will try to work around them;
>>
>> 2. stop using a community driven transparent consensus based bottom up
>> policy development process because some legacy holders do not find the
>> resulting policies palatable.
>>
>> 3. $YOUR_IDEA.
>
> Hi Paul,
>
> 3. #1 where $COMMUNITY=all current _legacy_ address registrants who
> choose to express an opinion.

Bill,

Please explain how this differs from the current situation?

> Not expressing support for the idea. Just saying that today's wide
> address policy community telling the pre-1997 registrants (pre-ARIN
> registrants) what they can and can't do with their addresses is a
> little like the white man showing up at Plymouth and steadily
> appropriating control of the land per the tenets of English common
> law.

While I understand and even agree to some extent with your
sentiment, how do you suggest we go about getting legacy address
registrants who have not already done so to express an opinion?

To the best of my knowledge, the only thing standing in their
way is their own choice not to participate.

Owen