[arin-ppml] Microsoft receives court approval for transfer as agreed with ARIN

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Thu Apr 28 11:19:39 EDT 2011

On Apr 28, 2011, at 11:05 AM, Frank Bulk wrote:

> Except we don't know what to change because:
> a) NDAs and privacy
> b) there's been so few completed transactions
>
> Perhaps a summary of the aborted transactions can be shared by ARIN staff so
> the community can tweak the policies.

Frank -

We have one transaction under 8.3 presently completing, and we
have no record of aborted transactions.  Judging by those data
points, it's too early to make changes based on the transaction
data, and it's likely going to be quite some time before we have
any helpful transaction data on which to base policy changes.

However, there already has been a policy experience report that
includes 8.3 considerations that was given in San Juan, and it
is clear that we're going to be running in many parties who only
are aware of the community transfer policies after they've "made
a sale".  Hence, my comment that "If more than a handful actually
(find the policies unpalatable) to the point of participating, then
the policies are easily enough to change.", i.e. by speaking up
about the aspects of policy that they find unappealing.

/John