[arin-ppml] Microsoft receives court approval for transfer as agreed with ARIN

Leo Bicknell bicknell at ufp.org
Wed Apr 27 17:03:58 EDT 2011

In a message written on Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 10:56:28AM -1000, David Conrad wrote:
> I suspect that if those points aren't as negotiable as ARIN staff
> has interpreted them to be, ARIN will rapidly cease to have any
> relevance. Is that what you're after?

I gave up on my own personal views on this matter a long time ago.

All I am after now is that the policy text matches ARIN staff's
implementation, and vice versa.  If all the points need to be
negotiable then alter the policy, and if they don't, staff needs
to stop doing that.  I really don't care which outcome wins, but
having the policy not match what staff is doing is at a minimum
unfair, and at a maximum quite dangerous.