[arin-ppml] Microsoft receives court approval for transfer as agreed with ARIN

Milton L Mueller mueller at syr.edu
Wed Apr 27 13:40:58 EDT 2011

Direct questions deserve direct answers:

No.
(This is not to say that MSFT could not justify it if they needed to or wanted to, it just means that there is no record in the agreement between Nortel and MSFT of any such justification, nor any legal requirement of such justification, and there is clear language in the sale contract that indicates no such condition was required.)

> Will ARIN be vetting that justification?

Given the facts as stated above, the answer to this question doesn't matter.

But given the fact that MSFT signed an LRSA and not an RSA, needs justification would not be a requirement in any case.
So again, I believe the answer is simply No.

--MM