[arin-ppml] Curious about consensus

Milton L Mueller mueller at syr.edu
Tue Apr 26 09:38:50 EDT 2011

Leo
Can you explain to me how 2008-2 would have allowed ARIN to handle the MSFT-Nortel deal any differently? The basic problem, which some of us tried to warn you about, is simply that ARIN has no authority over legacy holders who haven't signed an (L)RSA, and legacy holders have few if any incentives to sign one. No amount of fiddling with the language of the policy alters that.
--MM