[arin-ppml] ARIN-2011-3: Better IPv6 Allocations for ISPs - Last Call

David Farmer farmer at umn.edu
Mon Apr 25 18:05:25 EDT 2011

On 4/22/11 10:35 CDT, Joe Maimon wrote:
> David Farmer wrote:
>> On 4/18/11 14:05 CDT, ARIN wrote:
>>> Feedback is encouraged during the last call period. All comments should
>>> be provided to the Public Policy Mailing List. Last call for 2011-3 will
>>> expire on 2 May 2011. After last call the AC will conduct their last
>>> call review.
>>
>> As one of the AC shepherds for this proposal I want to encourage you to
>> comment on this proposal.
>>
>> So, far there is a slight majority of people supporting the proposal as
>> written, and wanting it to move forward as quickly as possible.
>

> I had been wondering whether it was simply my impression alone that the
> AC had redefined consensus as synonymic with "slight majority",
> especially with this latest batch of last call proposals.
>
> Guess it is not just me.

I would ask you to interpret my email as a plea to the community to
provide feedback on this proposal, with additional participation
hopefully a clear consensus would emerge.  I'll admit sometimes it is
difficult find consensus in favor or not in favor for a policy.
However, usually the more feedback the AC gets, typically the more
self-evident the consensus is.

Therefore, my request for more feedback from the community on this issue.

David Farmer               Email:farmer at umn.edu
Networking & Telecommunication Services
Office of Information Technology
University of Minnesota
2218 University Ave SE	    Phone: 612-626-0815
Minneapolis, MN 55414-3029   Cell: 612-812-9952