[arin-ppml] Petition to Abandon draft policy ARIN-2011-5: Shared Transition Space for IPv4 Address Extension

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Sun Apr 24 12:30:40 EDT 2011

On Apr 24, 2011, at 10:51 AM, Joe Maimon wrote:

> All,
>
> There is no such thing as a petition for draft policy abandonment.

Correct.

> This is a petition calling on any member of the community who believes this draft policy should not be adopted as written by the BoT to please step forward and make yourself heard.

While we will not recognize a petition for this purpose, your intent and call
to action is clear and quite appropriate.

Per the Policy Development Process:  "The Advisory Council selects draft policies that have the support of the community and the Advisory Council sends these draft policies to a last call for review and discussion by the community on the PPML. "

To the extent, I highly encourage everyone to make themselves heard regarding
policies in last call, as this is the final opportunity to do so before the AC
recommends draft policies for adoption.

Thanks,
/John

John Curran