[arin-ppml] Relationships & disclosures (Was: Re: ICP2 and the role of ARIN in an ipv4 address market)

Rick McGinley rlmcginley at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 01:24:49 EDT 2011

      On Apr 19, 2011, at 2:18 PM, Milton L Mueller wrote:
    > Benson S.'s proposal was not for a new RIR, nor are the Denuo/Addrex
people proposing a new RIR.
    > They are proposing to alter the relationship between the address
registry/allocation function and the
    > Whois and other post-allocation services functions.

Milton,

It's interesting to see you advocating so directly on behalf of Denuo and
against the RIR system.  We've all been treated to your strongly worded and
highly critical messages on the PPML and elsewhere about various aspects of
ARIN policy, IPv4 exhaustion, and related issues.  I'd like to make sure I
understand exactly where you're coming from.

Most PPML participants  disclose their  financial influences, listing our
employers, for example, or by reference to consultancies, grants, and the
like.  But I realize we don't know what financial interests motivate you to
such fulmination in this area.

Have you (or your specific projects or grants) received funding from the
ITU? From the Denuo//Addrex or their related companies?  Any other relevant
funders, consultancies, or similar that folks might reasonably want to be
aware of as they read your posts?

    -Rick

____
Rick McGinley