[arin-ppml] ARIN-2011-3: Better IPv6 Allocations for ISPs - Last Call

Benson Schliesser bensons at queuefull.net
Tue Apr 19 17:32:23 EDT 2011

On Apr 19, 2011, at 2:49 PM, George, Wes E IV [NTK] wrote:

> I do not believe that this is ready for last call. Given the complexity of this policy, the significant amount of areas of NRPM that
> it is changing, and the fact that the text discussed in PR was not really the text that is being proposed in this last call version
> (there were significant changes), not to mention the lack of consensus that we should eliminate H-D ratio, I think that this needs
> to come before membership and be discussed in its current (final?) form at the next meeting.

I agree with this comment from Wes.  There are a number of good things being attempted by Draft Policy 2011-3, but it needs further development and discussion.

One suggestion for making it easier to discuss: please split 2011-3 into multiple Draft Policies, each focused on a single significant topic.  I cannot say that I "support" the proposal, given that I disagree with certain parts of it, despite the fact that I agree with other parts of it, etc.

Cheers,
-Benson