[arin-ppml] ARIN / Microsoft press release regarding IP address Transfers

Benson Schliesser bensons at queuefull.net
Mon Apr 18 20:57:07 EDT 2011

Hi, John.

On Apr 18, 2011, at 1:40 PM, John Curran wrote:

> On Apr 18, 2011, at 2:22 PM, Benson Schliesser wrote:
>>
>> My original comment was that a document may be required to "release" blocks to ARIN for transfer.  (I wasn't referring to documents for registry services necessarily.) The Nortel filings don't indicate this is being done, and John Curran says they followed policy, so I'm not certain about what is required.
>  The court filed documentation suffices for ARIN procedurally.

Thanks for clarifying.  Combining this with your other recent messages, here is what I conclude about ARIN's implementation of NRPM 8.3:

1) ARIN will accept any legally enforceable document confirming ownership and the desire to transfer.

2) ARIN will accept any form of RSA with the buyer, including the standard LRSA or a negotiated LRSA, and the actual agreement language will be kept private without disclosure to the ARIN membership or community.

3) ARIN will accept justification of need from buyers, in private and without disclosure to the ARIN membership or community.

4) ARIN will accept the transfer of any arbitrary collection of address blocks, as long as the total is in compliance with justified need.

Can you confirm that this is an accurate description?  If not, would you please elaborate and/or correct anything I've described incorrectly?

Thanks,
-Benson