[arin-ppml] On a more systematic way of dealing with evolving the registry system

Matthew Kaufman matthew at matthew.at
Mon Apr 18 12:30:07 EDT 2011

On 4/18/2011 9:16 AM, John Curran wrote:

> The ARIN registry gets updated according to the policies set by the community;
> I imagine that you can sell anything you want to another party if they value it,
> but if you're discussing registration in the ARIN database, we'll continue to
> follow the community-developed policy, thank you.

So you're not planning on updating the registry to match the
Nortel-Microsoft transfer(s) as they happen until Microsoft completes a
needs assessment and signs the non-legacy RSA for those blocks (which
will be transferred one aggregate at a time)?

It will be interesting to watch Microsoft's reaction to this... or
ARIN's failure to follow the policy, one of the two.

Matthew Kaufman