[arin-ppml] [arin-council] AC Role in Petitions

Stephen Sprunk stephen at sprunk.org
Sun Apr 17 13:20:27 EDT 2011

On 17-Apr-11 10:42, Joe Maimon wrote:
> I do believe they are operating with the best of intentions, but
> actively muzzling AC community members would be crossing a line.

Indeed.  Hopefully, we elect people to the AC because they are widely
recognized as having Clue(tm); to deliberately remove their Clue(tm)
from the debate, over a petition or any other matter, is just plain
stupid and it makes me question the motives of those arguing for such.

If a petition is needed, that means up to 7 AC members could have
supported it during their deliberations.  In light of that, we may want
to consider whether 10 voices (i.e. as few as 3 non-AC voices) in
support of a petition should be sufficient for it to succeed, but that
is a procedurally distinct matter.  I don't have the time to pull up the
stats at the moment, but I don't think this has been, to date, an
operational problem worth fixing.