[arin-ppml] ARIN / Microsoft press release regarding IP address Transfers

Stephen Sprunk stephen at sprunk.org
Sat Apr 16 00:53:34 EDT 2011

On 15-Apr-11 21:08, Matthew Kaufman wrote:
> On 4/15/2011 6:06 PM, Ted Mittelstaedt wrote:
>> What concerns me is that this might be an LRSA.  And the way the
>> release was worded it does not explicitly state that ALL resources in
>> the transfer fall under this agreement.
>
> If indeed the recipient only had to sign an LRSA this would *strongly*
> suggest that in fact, as I have noted before, legacy resources are
> more valuable than ARIN-issued ones... and not just to the seller.

The press release explicitly stated that "The transfer of IP resources
to Microsoft took place using this relatively new policy."  That could
only refer to NRPM 8.3, the only "relatively new policy" regarding
transfers.  NRPM 8.3 states " Such transferred number resources may only
be received under RSA ...."

Ergo, Microsoft must have received these resources under RSA.

Or are you accusing ARIN staff of knowingly violating the NRPM and/or
ARIN's President and CEO of issuing a fraudulent press release?

Please, folks, engage your brains for a few seconds before you hit "Send".