[arin-ppml] ARIN / Microsoft press release regarding IP address Transfers

Stephen Sprunk stephen at sprunk.org
Fri Apr 15 18:27:18 EDT 2011

On 15-Apr-11 16:28, Benson Schliesser wrote:
> This press release does not indicate that Microsoft followed the NRPM transfer policy.

The press release explicitly states "Microsoft has followed the Internet
community's adopted policies for such transfers" and "The transfer of IP
resources to Microsoft took place using this relatively new policy."

> It also suggests that only a part of the total purchase was entered under RSA.

That's not how I read it.  One could choose to interpret the word
"certain" as "not all" if desired, but an unbiased reading of the rest
of the press release does not give any reason to do so.