[arin-ppml] [arin-council] AC Role in Petitions

Charles O'Hern charles at office.tcsn.net
Thu Apr 14 19:49:38 EDT 2011

On 4/14/11 3:09 PM, Scott Leibrand wrote:
> Charles,
>
> The AC meeting minutes summarize the stated position of each AC member
> who spoke in favor of or opposed to each motion. Some AC members also
> post their opinions to PPML. But an AC member can vote their
> conscience without explaining to anyone why they voted the way they
> did.
>
> -Scott (speaking only for myself)

I did find the minutes for the March meeting, though it took a bit of digging on the website.

My thinking is that the less verbose PPML members might be more likely to voice their opinions on a petition given more input on the PPML from the AC members on their decision
about the proposal in question.  I'm not recommending a policy requiring such, just suggesting a course of action for AC members to respond to a petition of a decision made by the
AC.  Some information is available in the minutes, but requires a little more work to get.

Sure its possible that an AC member might use the opportunity to grind an ax, but this is a discussion list, is it not?  That opportunity is already there and the discussion is the
purpose for which the list exists.

--
Charles O'Hern
Network Operations