[arin-ppml] DRAFT POLICY ARIN-2011-1: GLOBALLY COORDINATEDTRANSFER POLICY (Legecy space)

Milton L Mueller mueller at syr.edu
Thu Apr 14 12:33:30 EDT 2011

Yes, it is. And it also explains how off-target Kevin's comment was.
The point is that creating an institutional infrastructure for a market to function does not mean that the governance functions become for-profit, commercial entities, any more than the FCC became for-profit and commercial when it allowed competition in telecoms, or the NSF became for profit and commercial when it allowed NSI to begin charging for domain name registrations and allowed commercial ISPs to exist.