[arin-ppml] IPV6, Not yet (OT)

Larry Ash lar at mwtcorp.net
Thu Apr 14 12:31:25 EDT 2011

Sorry for the distraction,
I send this along only to remind those of us that maintain IPV4 will die
shortly,

Before purchasing switching equipment for the customer edge on a
metro-ethernet
deployment I questioned the manufacturer about IPV6 and here was the reply.

The information I received from the Product Management team is that IPV6 is
not on the road map for this product at this time. If you need any other
assistance please contact us.
---------------------------------
This is a fairly new product that has a lot of sexy features many of which
rely on layer3 yet the manufacturer is not even planning IPV6. I did inform
them that I am removing them from any consideration for any of their
products.

The word is still not getting to management in a meaningful way.

Larry Ash
Network Administrator
Mountain West Telephone
123 W 1st St.