[arin-ppml] DRAFT POLICY ARIN-2011-1: GLOBALLY COORDINATED TRANSFER POLICY (Legacy space)

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Tue Apr 12 22:11:45 EDT 2011

On Apr 12, 2011, at 4:57 PM, Milton L Mueller wrote:

> First, ARIN received a request for bulk Whois data that was conformant to your policy afaict but which was denied because ARIN feared that the requestor would use it to support a service ARIN thought was competitive. This was a protectionist and pre-emptive move that was short-sighted. (We've already had this debate John so no need to prolong it here)

Milton - We haven't denied any request that was conformant to policy.

> Second, someone made a good faith effort to create a policy dialogue around opening up the system

The structure of the Internet number registry system is defined in ICANN's
ICP-2,  and I have yet to see any proposal to change that global policy;
this is despite encouraging such proposals and discussion on multiple
occasions.

/John

John Curran
President and CEO