[arin-ppml] DRAFT POLICY ARIN-2011-1: GLOBALLY COORDINATEDTRANSFER POLICY (Legecy space)

Eliot Lear lear at cisco.com
Tue Apr 12 14:01:38 EDT 2011

This group does better when the discussion remains grounded in the
proposals, and less so when analogy and hyperbole find their way in.

Coming back to the issue at hand, seems to me the value of RFC 2050 has
to do with preventing hoarding, and that it is as relevant today as it
was when it was written.  I agree with Benson and Milton that a
financial incentive to get address space to those who would buy it is
important.  But who would buy an asset if they couldn't show need?  Only
those who intend to sell it for more later.  I would be concerned about
how that appeared to new entrants.

Eliot