[arin-ppml] DRAFT POLICY ARIN-2011-1: GLOBALLY COORDINATED TRANSFER POLICY (Legecy space)

Milton L Mueller mueller at syr.edu
Mon Apr 11 16:06:32 EDT 2011

Good grief, where is this authority institutionalized? RFC 2050 describes itself as "Best Current Practice".
"Current" at that time meant 1996. Think a few things have changed since then?

As I explained in our debate in Sharm, Bill, "needs based" does not and cannot work when there is no free pool. There was no refutation of that.

> The RIRs themselves, and the IANA above them, are subject to the needs-
> based regime as well.

Can you find that in the ICANN bylaws? The IANA contract? The international telecommunication regulations?