[arin-ppml] Opposed to 2010-9 and 2010-12

Hannigan, Martin marty at akamai.com
Tue Oct 26 13:08:48 EDT 2010

[ Apologies for empty message; I was clicking "remove HTML" and it thought I
meant "send" ]

Inline:

On 10/26/10 12:39 PM, "Milton L Mueller" <mueller at syr.edu> wrote:

> worth pursuing further.
>

> Putting in hard dates to try to sunset an address range will just lead to
> endless debate.
>
> Agreed, but the escalating fees also require a somewhat arbitrary setting of
> the escalation rate. Double every year, or every two years? Doubling starts
> after [three][five][N] years?

It could be high at the onset and indexed to inventory. The higher
utilization of v6 could drive the costs of v4 higher or perhaps indexed to
some market cost of acquiring v4 assets for transfer. *shrug*.

-M<