[arin-ppml] Opposed to 2010-9 and 2010-12

Kevin Kargel kkargel at polartel.com
Fri Oct 15 11:23:54 EDT 2010

>I know that most of you are going to think this is absolute heresy, but I >don't really think that most consumers will care one iota whether they get >a /64 or anything larger. If they plug in their devices  and they are able >to do whatever they want to on the Internet (both IPv4 and IPv6) they could >care less about the technical details and how it could be "better".

>--
>Jerry Bacon
>StarTouch, Inc.
>Ferndale WA

That's not heresy at all.  As admin for an ISP with many residential customers, I can state that most residential end users be perfectly happy with a /124 if their few devices worked and routed when plugged in.  Heck, a great many customers would be perfectly happy with a /128 with a host route that routed their one device.

I realize that these examples would in reality cause problems, but it doesn't change the premise.

Kevin