[arin-ppml] [Spam] Re: Opposed to 2010-9 and 2010-12

Jerry Bacon wireless at starbeam.com
Fri Oct 15 08:09:58 EDT 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: "Joel Jaeggli" <joelja at bogus.com>

> Uh, yeah, and that's why you need automatic prefix delegation and a big
> enough prefix to work with becuase the alternative is a stack of event
> horizons which are a pain in the ass to work around just as in ipv4.
> subnetting does not have to require human intervention, just ask all the
> people who have stacked more than one wireless "router" in their home in
> the ipv4 case....

The point I'm trying to make is that most end users will have a single
Internet connection through one router and have one network behind it. All
of that will work just fine with a /64 and they will never know the
difference. I think a simpler scheme that accomplishes that now is much
better than a more complex one that gives them a /56 or /48 way down the
road.

--
Jerry B.