[arin-ppml] Opposed to 2010-9 and 2010-12

michael.dillon at bt.com michael.dillon at bt.com
Thu Oct 14 08:56:29 EDT 2010

> When free.fr gave a presentation on their 6rd deployment at a RIPE
> meeting last year, they received not one but two standing ovations for
> providing a production-quality, supported, IPv6 service option to all
> of
> their subscribers.
>
> This contrast is nothing short of remarkable to me.

Possibly this is because free.fr is the CREATOR of 6RD, and not just
a deployer.

In any case, I think the violent Americans who want to wield baseball
bats are misdirecting their venom. They have forgotten that a large part
of the problem lies with the vendors of DSL equipment and the DSL Forum
which took so long to get IPv6 into their official spec. Many network
operators had no choice but to delay IPv6 testing because there was not
enough stuff to test.

Of course the cleverest network operators found a way around these vendor
problems but these workarounds could not provide general IPv6 broadband
services to large numbers of customers.

--Michael Dillon